Sunday, July 7, 2024

LETTER to LEONA....

How in the world do I put it into words….

How do I hold you here with me…… 

Years.  Gathered like silk thread.

They fly as our children’s laughter

In that unique moment. You live.

When we were young.  We dreamt of great things.

You danced. I walked. It was never the same.

Years  moved us apart. But never away.

My kindred spirit. My friend across the miles.

Dripping gold  forget me nots on  your china dishes.

Forget me nots. Your favourite.

How do I hold you here with me.

How do I  take all of these years.

Place them here beside me.

In my heart. 

Remember wiindy prairie days. Do you? I do.

Dripping ice creams. Our children running. 

Then we were far again.  But never alone.

Your quiet resolve . To hear you speak again.

Across the miles.

All the silly moments. And the serious ones.

Heart to  heart. Soul to soul.

How do I hold you here with me...

It was enough just to know you were there.

Stay a while with me.

Every moment was worth it. No regrets. No what ifs.

We said everything that could be said.

 My kindred spirit

I will miss you……

How in the world do I put it into words…

How do I hold you here with me….

Photographs 2024
 

No comments:

Post a Comment