Friday, December 30, 2011

Deer and Grey Cat Meet

 Deer come into the yard, every night. Sometimes I put out old apples and they munch away, quite happily. They ALWAYS finish off the last of the daily bird seed I leave out under the eaves, in a pan that sits precariously on an upturned pail. I apologize ahead of time for the low light quality of these pics. It was quite late, very dark, and I had to take them from the front window. Could not risk using the flash.  They just look kind of artsy......look for Grey Cat in the last couple of pics.  I never noticed him, till the very end, that he was there all the time, watching the deer. They touched noses, before I realized it, and then I saw him.
 This young deer comes every night and noses around. He has an injured leg, which is finally healing, though he sometimes has a slight limp. He quietly chews up all the apple segments I leave, and looks at me through the window, each time I see him. I would never go outside. Better to remain at a distance.
                           This time I think he saw me. Kind of a ghostly encounter.
 This is blurry because I really could not get it in focus as well without the flash. He is eating up the leftover sunflower seeds. Doesn't bother me in the least, that he toddles through the garden. He's welcome to eat whatever he wants.
 At this point, he saw Grey Cat, before I did. Then they touched noses. Grey cat was down below the retaining wall....he was just watching. When they sniffed at each other, it was as if they knew the other one.
 Poor quality photo (again, I apologize for the low light)......Grey Cat far down in the right corner.
Deer moves off, as Grey Cat sits up to have a better look. Then he look at me....he knew I was there. Clever kitty.....

No comments:

Post a Comment