Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hot July Garden

 Someone asked me what did the garden look like  in July. So did a quick study to see. I was surprised that so many things are flowering, especially since it was a wet, wet spring. This is my favourite place.....I have worked really hard to grow "stuff" around the bench. when we moved here, this entire area was completely bare, except for grape vines.
 Another favourite.Lavender. Cut another bunch today. The Lavender is growing like crazy this year. Tons from just a few bushes.
           Back is yellow with creeping Jenny, which is lasting longer than usual.
 Looking from terrace down into porch. When we moved here there was nothing around the porch. So  simple to spruce up with some extra  plants in pots in groupings.
 Top terrace. Huge crop of sweet peas, at the back, but they're a little slow this year. Coming along.Blueberries are massive...
 Looking thru to the mountains, in the misty, hazy distance. The haze is coming from fires in Siberia, and they have wandered into our area. Can't smel smoke at all, just looks like it.
                   Middle terrace.....climbing hydrangea is huge this year....all that rain...
 Looking up from the yellow creeping jenny to the Head. He seems happy up in his little corner. I love the creeping jenny. Some people yank it out...I just leave it, and pull out what I don't want. Makes for some colour in the perennials.
 From the porch looking up. Love this spot as well....sheltered, nice from the sun, when it is hot. Cold, when it is too cool.
 Front hill. Blue with Budleia bush on the left. Beautiful this year..........green jungle all around.
                  Steps going up where the lavender is planted and reseeds itself.
 My hummingbird, who likes to sit on the weeping katura tree and have a rest. He must have sat here, in the shadows, for about 10 minutes. I took a lot of shots from the house,so I wouldn't startle him. Thought, I don't think he is that scared of me. Likes to dive bomb.
And this is still my favourite place.....the racoon sits here every night as well, as do the cats......everyone seems to like it. Especially on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment