Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Work


I've been reading again ( really must stop that....especially since there are apples to be picked) And it seemed appropriate to the day. A poem by Richard Le Gallienne "I Meant to do my Work Today"
 (baby Varied Thrush)
I meant to do my work today, but a brown bird sang in the apple tree...
                                   
      .....and a butterfly flitted across the field......
                          ............and all the leaves were calling me.
                              And the wind went sighing over the land.............
              
                                             Tossing the grasses to and fro...............
                           .....And a ranbow held out its shining hand...............
                 
                                   So what could I do, but laugh and go?
 ( Verbascum)
                          (Can always pick apples tomorrow....................)

No comments:

Post a Comment