Sunday, December 3, 2017

Stopping By.....

 "The spirit of Christmas is simply an honest spirit of love for all humanity. It is the force that moves us to give what we can,to help as we are able, and to always be of kind comfort." -R.E. Goodrich
 Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening.......by Robert Frost ( 1874-1963) this was one of my favourite poems  growing up, especially at Christmastime.....and sometimes when we had company over she would get everyone to read a part of it.....
 Whose woods these are I think I know.
 His house is in the village though;
 He will not see me stopping here
 To watch his woods fill up with snow.
 My little horse must think it queer
 To stop without a farmhouse near
 Between the woods and frozen lake
 The darkest evening of the year.
 He gives his harness bells a shake
 To ask if there is some mistake
 The only other sound's the sweep
 Of easy wind and downy flake.
 “With some stories, you really can't rush things. And it's often best just to sit back and enjoy the journey for what it is.” ― Melissa HillA Gift to Remember
 The woods are lovely, dark and deep
 But I have promises to keep,
 And miles to go before I sleep,
 And miles to go before I sleep....................
“For this was Christmas, which had always been a time of magic, to him and to all the world.”   ― Susan CooperThe Dark Is Rising
 "Of all the Gifts, LOVE is the greatest gift." -Lailah Gifty Akita
 Robert Frost poem "Stopping By Woods..... taken from 1000 Beautiful Things 1948"

No comments:

Post a Comment