Tuesday, June 8, 2021

By CHANCE

"Forget not that the earth delights  to feel your bare feet,and the winds long to play with your hair. " 

                                  - Khalil Gibran

LOVELY CHANCE by Sara Teasdale (1884-1933)
O lovely chance, what can I do
To give my gratefulness to you?
You rise between myself and me
With a wise persistency;
I would have broken body and soul,
But by your grace, still I am whole
Many a thing you did to save me,
Many a holy gift you gave me,
More than my dearest dreaming of;
And now in this wide twilight hour
With earth and heaven a dark, blue flower,
In a humble mood I bless
Your wisdom and your waywardness.
You brought me even here, where I Live on a hill against the sky
and look on mountains and the sea
 and a thin white moon in the pepper tree.
Photographs 2021
 

No comments:

Post a Comment