Friday, October 15, 2021

AND the MOUNTAINS..............

"When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, I will know I am growing old...." 

                                 -Lady Bird Johnson

All photographs taken in and around Campbell River, B.C. The Watch for Elk sign always  amuses me. I've never seen an elk cross the road.....but I have wondered what they find on the other side..........
A lot of the close ups and full on pics  taken with canon zoom lens from my front door. Fortunate to have a clear view of Mt. Washington Range. 

"I am younger each year at first snow. Then I believe.." -Anne Sexton
And from Tyee Spit. October. Just before the first snow this week........
"A cold wind was blowing from the north, and it made the trees rustle like living things..." -George R.R. Martin
From the Pier in Campbell River, a wisp of snow before the big storm.....

"First snows of winter floated down on his eyelashes, and covered the branches around him and silenced all trace of the world..." 

                                                 -Anne Carson

The mountain first thing in the morning, covered....early early this year.........with fresh snow
"The sensation of the first snow, when everything is blanketed in white, soft and quiet..." -Erin Morgenstern
       And from our front door step, this is what it looks like in the distance..........

"The first fall of snow is not  only an event, it is a magical event..." 

                                                       - J.B. Priestley


              "Do you remember your first snow? " - Lara Biyuts
From the hill , the mist joins up with the cloud and winds around the Mt. Washington range. I never  tire of seeing it like this..........
"I remember looking on new snow with new eyes..." -Edward M. Purcell
Photographs 2021   Campbell River, B.C.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment