Sunday, June 5, 2022

Spring Night

by Sara Teasdale (1884-1933) excerpts. See more of her poetry in "the Collected Poems" anthology...........
The park is filled with night and fog, the veils are drawn about the world....
The drowsy lights along the  paths are dim and pearled.

Gold and gleaming the misty lake, the mirrored lights like sunken swords, glimmer and shake.
Oh is it not enough to be here with this beauty over me?
I should kneel in joy
beneath the sky............
O beauty are you not enough?
to take earth's wonder with surprise?
I for whom the pensive night
Binds her cloudy hair with light
I for whom all beauty burns
Like incense in a million urns?
O, beauty are you not enough?
                         "I see heaven's glories shine..." -Emily Bronte
Photographs 2022

 

1 comment: