Thursday, November 3, 2022

THE WAY HOME


"In dreams you will find the way...." 
                                          -Michael Bassey Johnson

I walk the paths in the night.

 She, who has been with me all of these years, walks with me.  

Shadows and rain spit and pounce.

In the early morning, dark gives way to  grey light.

Endless  leaves drunk on rain.

We long to be home. 

Mist  curls through the trees. And she walks with me.

Through long grass we silently trudge.

We rest at the edge of the path.

Skies loom .

I walk a little slower, as she walks with me.

Mountains  high above , with many promises of snow.

Ocean waves slap against  long grass.

She stops at the edge of the field. I catch up to her.

By the copse of trees  we know so well.

And the storm that is to be , shudders .

Wet leaves  scrunch  under our feet. 

I walk a little faster and she walks with me.

Faster and faster still. 

 I beside her. 
And she with me. As always. We find our way home.

                                      Patience and Cordelia from the hill

Photographs 2022 Tyee Spit, Campbell River, B.C.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment