Sunday, June 11, 2023

BENCH

"There is only one way to understand a lonely bench in a park....."

                                                                                                             -Mehmet Murat Idan

 BENCH by R. RAPHE
I have come here. Maybe even lingered once or twice. When you were here. When we were here. It is hard to tell. For which I long. In these moments.  To hear. For that have I come.
 In the dark and  the light, I found this  bench. To hear the whisper of  rain. To feel  spray of the ocean.  To be with you.
On days of mist. Again.  Where cloud meets ocean. In the first moment of  dawn.
 I  dream. When we were here last. Creamsicle clouds swirled around us.
The waters come  rushing, stumbling, careening to me. Like answers.
Enticed.  Intrigued. I have longed for it.  I miss you. Here at our place. My voice is still. But I can listen. 
After the rain,  I  still come to this bench. To find it alone. To find it waiting. For this I have come.
I  am led here. Though the waters are not always still. But still I come. It's why I linger. It's why I wait. I think of you.
On  this lonely bench. At this place  I long for. And the sweetness  that fills the air. 
I am hunted  by  tall grasses. They wave at the shore. They grasp at my feet.  If I am very still I can hear them sing.
 Swallows circle and come to roost for the night. You used to love watching them.
This is a lonely bench. But I understand it. For that I have come.
It is where I  find  solace. And wonder. I seek wisdom. And sometimes I find it. When I listen. And I hear you.
It is where the eagles find me. And I them. They are my lone companions. 
I have come here. Even lingered. In these moments. Holding your hand.
To hear. To listen. For that which I have come. For that which I long....
Photographs 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment