Sunday, August 6, 2023

AUGUST LIGHT.....

AUGUST MOONRISE by Sara Teasdale  (excerpts)

The sun was gone, and the moon was coming over the blue hills

The west was rosy, the east was flushed...swallows rushed this way and that.
The maples stamped against the west 
were black and stately 
and full of rest...
And the hazy orange moon grew up and slowly changed to yellow gold
While the hills were darkened, fold on fold
to a deeper blue than a flower could hold.
For night scents, heady, and damp and cool 
On the brink of a shining pool
O Beauty, out of many a cup  you have made me drunk and wild
Ever since I was a child.
And no sorrow wholly bow one who loves you to the end?
And my eyes through which joy came
And my heart, a wavering flame
If all must leave me and go back
Along a blind and fearful track, so that you can make anew,
Something nearer your desire....
Photographs 2023. Sunsets, sunrises with smoke from forest fires....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment