Friday, November 10, 2023

I WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU...(for Remembrance Day)

I ran as fast as I could.  I almost missed you. I still waved. Did you see me?
There were many that day.  Faster than I. Faster than the wind that stirred. 
I wanted to see you one last time. To see your smile. To tell you I would wait.
But you belonged to the world now. 
How many of us ran with hands outstretched.
 I hoped that you saw me.
You did.  Just once. From afar. You smiled at me. I remembered . 
 With a quiet benediction I let you go.
It was as if the wind called your name. Tangled  into my dreams.  
Will you think of me? In fields and dark of night. Will you  hold my hand next to your heart, telling me it will be all right?



With all my courage. With all my will. I will always be here. 

Through hushed winters and silent springs, will I hear your voice call for me.


When you left that day, it was late in the year. Almost Christmas. England beckoned you.
On a day when  the wind went shouting by.  It echoed the thunder of a thousand men. 
 I heard you in the silence of my soul, as days marched on.
  Then one day you were brought  home. To me.  
This time I was there. Standing alone in the rain. ......  I will always miss  you. Will you always miss me?
                                                          "Lest we forget"
Photographs 2023
 

No comments:

Post a Comment