Thursday, July 29, 2010

On the Porch

In the shade, on the porch, it is almost magical........not "poof", magical, but in reality, magical. Almost no direct sun hits the porch, except for very early in the morning. The fuschias are thriving . ......
Bouquets of sweet peas like living here as well.....having been cut from their vines early in the day.

Sitting on the porch, with the scent of sweet peas buffeting the breeze, is so indulgent. I kind of wish I ran a bed and breakfast.....sigh....that would be so cool.

Sitting outside for breakfast every day.......probably having to chase off a few bees or wasps

"The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God's Heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth." (D. F. Gurney)
I think I love the porch best of all. No one sits out here but me. Although, sometimes I can hear the next door neighbours talking, eating, laughing, and kids screeching at times, they are very far away.....at least it feels like that.

The answer lies in the soil........






No comments:

Post a Comment