Sunday, April 8, 2012

Seeds and Dirt

 Two of my most favourite things: Dirt and Seeds. Combined together they make a wonderful hamonious mix. This year I decided to soak all of my seeds. I don't do a  lot of seeds, but I do enough to use in pots, in the garden, etc. This year I woaked nasturtums, sweet peas and red sunflowers.....the gardening manuals say that if you soak the seeds they will germinate faster. Well, let's find out......
 So here are the nasturtum seeds siting atop their little dirt houses, ready to be covered with more dirt. I use any little pots I have from years past. They work great.
 Seed a few trays of climbing nasturtums. They do great in hanging baskets as well, or trailing on the ground into trees.
Seeded knee hi sweet peas and climbing sweet peas. The knee hi's are great in the ground and the climbers are WONDERFUL hanging from hanging baskets.  So now II will keep them in the greenhouse and see what happens......tick tock... tick tock....

No comments:

Post a Comment