Tuesday, March 18, 2014

GETTIN' DOWN and DIRTY.....

 Oh yes. One of my favourite times of year. The delivery of  "THE" Peat Soil. Glorious stuff. I could live in it all year long. Must be that inner child thing coming to light.
 The smell is so great. Well, not so great for me. Allergies to soil. Go figure. But I do not care. I would happily have my own dirt farm, if it meant I could shovel it all day and make a garden and grow stuff.  This nice and loamy.
 Nice to have a company that will deliver. If you give them cash, and it's in round dollars, then the driver keeps the extra cash. He doesn't make change. Now THAT'S a great job! Oh well. It was after the sunrise, and I got my dirt, so it doesn't matter.
  I only got two yards this year. Still a mound to dig through. It will be piled on the front beds, and into pots, and the side, as many places as I can manage. But this year, not so much dirt that I practically buried in it. NOT carrying it up the hill.
 The garden at the top will  have to do with compost. I might manage a bucket or two. Can't get the wheelbarrow up the hill. I have done it a few times. NOT a good idea. And the cats are not any help. They just stare.......and walk along the fence.
 I couldn't resist getting a start yesterday. First dig of the season. Getting dirty is a good thing in this case.
 At one point you will find the need to flop down on the grass and stare at the clouds. I thought this one looked an awful lot like an angel with dreadlocks and a goatee..........
 But then again I had been digging dirt  and was pooped. Cordelia hid in the greenhouse.
 But I managed in an hour to get dirt on the front roses. My goal for the day, in between doing everything else. And it smelled to fresh.....can hardly wait to plant geraniums, and sweet peas, and watch sunflowers randomly pop up.
 But then it was midnight, and time to let the dirt go till another day. Not today. Maybe tomorrow.  Can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment