Sunday, March 9, 2014

IMAGES of "HOME" Photo Show

1. LONG SHOT the PIER
 I don't usually do photo contests. They are full of hundreds of pics from all over, and things tend to get swamped. Not something I'm into. I just like taking pics for my blog and my cards. But this time I sent in five to a local contest. It seemed really interesting.
        The Campbell River Arts Council is embarking on a Cultural Mapping Project. A photo show depicting scenes of Campbell River and the surrounding area. Scenes that are important to you about living here. So, I chose these 5 photos. Never know if they will make it through the cut. Good to share them anyways. Never know who will feel they are special enough for the Mapping Project.
2. MARINA at SUNSET
 The Show will be entitled: Images of Home.  I thought these ones were  great. Hard to choose which ones. Had to think about it a great deal. Photos will be posted on their website, then some selected for the 7th Annual Photo Show, dates not posted yet. Photos are supposed to represent all walks of life, from the lake to your backyard, from fishermen to scenery, from street life to skaters, from hiking spots , to sunsets, etc.
3.MT. WASHINGTON ( that I see out the front window every day).
 Arts Council along with the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development are sponsoring this project as well. They are looking for a variety of images, that shout " Home" to the world.
4. DISTANT RELATIVES ( they even have a snow dog)
 Funded by the BC Creative Communities program, the Mapping Project aims to create arts-driven opportunities for artists to engage with the community in an attempt to creatively "map" who and where we are collectively. ( Distant Relatives were rather silent during the photo taking.....)
5. PALE DAWN. Love this one the most. It is so pale and the  colour and light absolutely perfect. I almost didn't take this shot ,from the upstairs window. Did it last minute as an after-thought. Turned out beautiful. None of these shots had any tweaking...just cleanup ....the colours are exactly as they appear.  I think my favourite is the last one.....now to wait and see......

No comments:

Post a Comment