Saturday, May 31, 2014

TEA TIME.....

 "Where the bee sucks, there suck I. In a cowslips bell I lie. There I couch when owls do cry. On the bat's back I fly. After summer merrily. Merrily, merrily I live now, under the blossom that hangs on the bough."  ( Shakespeare. "Midsummer Night's Dream")
                                   
 Today was a good day to make tea. Lots of it. Buckets of it. Well, not buckets, but close enough. Time to dye some fabric and a quilt top that has been waiting for a tea bath.

So while the tea steeped, the rose opened even more.
      
And the irises  gleamed in the sunlight. Kind of reminded me that the tea bags were steeping. Waiting to be stirred.
 Once the tea has steeped. Leave in the tea bags. Pile in the fabric you want to stain. Remember , use duller fabric colours, lighter, yellows, etc.Let sit in the vat of tea. Go wander around the garden....

Watch a ladybug sit.
                                     
 Then go back to your vat of tea. Wring out the fabric as best you can. Hang out to dry.
               While waiting for the fabric to dry, talk to Cordelia.
           
Check on the clematis. Once dry, the fabric and quilt top is ready to use.  Can then be used for piecing quilt tops, or can be saved for another day. I was making a civil war stylized quilt, and the tea makes the colour blend really well. Once of my favourite styles......by the way, don't drink the tea after the fabric has been soaking in it. It can be a little thready.......

No comments:

Post a Comment