Thursday, April 20, 2017

"In the spring, ever new..."

 RETURN: by Mildred Bowers Armstrong (1901-1984) 
When other hearts are tuned to a glad singing
 In the spring, ever new,
 Ever song bringing;
 When other hearts are feeling
 The joy I knew,
 Let me come back again,
 Singing , too...
 I shall know when the pale petals blow
 And spring comes flashing back
 Another year.
 You must not search and call.
 When the first petals fall
 I shall be here.
 If you cannot see
 The hands and eyes of me
 When petals fill the air
 You will hear a song
 The wind blows along......I shall be there.
 Mildred Bowers Armstrong earned a Bachelors from Northwestern in 1923. She wrote many books of poetry. In 1928 she won the Yale  Younger Poets Prize.This poem was found in the 1948 One Thousand Beautiful Things Collection, Peoples Book Club of Chicago.
2017 Photograhs

No comments:

Post a Comment