Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Chewing Machines.....

 "I love living with animals. The deer? They're naughty...."
                                                - Stephanie Seymour.
 The cats see the deer. The people see the deer. And the deer see me.  On a daily basis.  Big bucks with velvet antlers. Sitting in the corner. Chew. Chew. Chew.....                       
 I wish they would have eaten the sweet peas.  The sweet peas didn't do much. Such a shame. Slow start. Cold. Stunted growth. Maybe deer don't like sweet peas. They sure like the begonias when they get the chance.
 Cheeky. Chew Chew Chew. Snapping strawberry leaves off as if they were croutons.
 Bobbex stopped the deer from eating at the pots of flowers, the cosmos, the roses. Hurray for Bobbex.  But if truth be told, I like the deer in my garden. I purposely don't spray deer repellent on some things, cause I just KNOW they'll come back.

 Lately, the deer have been going after the hostas and cape Fuschia.  And eating seeds. Yay. Deer in the garden. Chew  Chew Chew.

 I would have loved it if they would have taken even ONE small bit out of the sweet peas. But no. They ate the moon flower growing around the sweet peas.
Lately the deer have been leaping up at the Golden Plum tree. I can see the branches  switching back after a really good pull. Chomp Chomp Chomp ,the Bucks eat the plums.

 And what is left of the sweet peas, I ripped out of the troughs, out of the ground.
 While the two Bucks  chomp and chew  leftover seeds. And the few begonias I don't spray.  
 Creatures of habit. They know their way around.  NO fear. Chewing machines.
 They nibble the grass. And sit. Content.
 Eat the clover. And snort. Waiting to Chew Chew Chew some more.
   Big horns. Chew. Chew. Chew. Stare. Stare. Stare. Nice deeeer....I have some lovely old cabbages for you.....nice Chewing Machines.....help yourselves...
 "I often have deer on my property..... You're not going to see that in the city". Billy Corgan
Photographs 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment