Friday, September 22, 2017

For Bo

                                                           April 2000-Sept 22-2017
 “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” ― Charles Dickens
Bo started out as a rescue from a Ragdoll breeder who was going out of business. Bo was the last of her litter. Bo was one of a kind. 
 But aren't they all one of a kind?
 She was never a mother, yet she mothered  about 4 or 5  kittens over the years, that we brought into the house. All rescues. All motherless. She took them under her wing.
Bo and Pye
 She chewed on their ears and taught them how to behave. Or , rather how NOT to behave. And they toddled after her. Copying her every move.
Bo and Bunny
 She was all in all, a Show Cat. But was never in a show.
Bo and Smokey
 “Time spent with a cat is never wasted.” -Sigmund Freud
She watched over us , those with two feet and those with four.  In her 17 years she was in our way at all times. And we loved it.
Bunny and Poe
             And then she got sick last year.  Her time was limited. 
 "I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love. " -James Herriot

 Bo was a lion at heart. 
We always said that she was Ginger from Gilligan's Island. She had "the" walk.
 I kinda thought she was more like Mrs. Howell.....
 "The love we give away is the love we keep." -Elbert Hubbard
 She was my shadow. I look behind to see if she is  there.I feel her ghost in every corner. I can see her  beautiful blue eyes. Watching still. And I am thankful for the years we had together.......
 "Love is the life of the soul. It is the harmony of the universe...."
-W. Ellery Channing
 Photographs 2017

1 comment: