Friday, February 16, 2018

We are all a thread.....

 "We are all a thread in the cosmic, collective collage..." 
                 - Michael Jennae
 So much thread, yarn, it boggles the mind.  Just a bit of a sneak peak at some of the gifts I've been frantically putting together. Some for donations. My daughter Dale made this mini Spencer and Smokey.  Adorable. Destined for the Women's Shelter....
 Adorable. Smokey and Spencer side by side once more. 
 We imagine Smokey bouncing around somewhere, in kitty heaven.......catching birds.
 An artsy bed runner, layered and stripped with sari fabrics....
 Beads, lace, ethnic ribbons....
 Sequins, quilt pieces...haphazard. That is what I like best about it.
 "We are all creative beings.The act of creating puts us in direct connection with the greatest creator.The master artist that is our Divine Creator." -Eileen Anglin
 I find that I spend a lot of time thinking about what I want to make, and how. Often the first idea I have I toss out, then just go with something else. 
 But then other times, I come back to basics...I love Civil War quilting, other than the abstracts. Spencer often rolls around in his flower pot, while I decide on fabrics. He kind of blends in.
 And then I end up with something like this.......easy squares, but great fabrics  dyed with tea.
 "Seeing is making, whether you see with your mind or your true self...." -Katherine Catmull
 And then there are the ones that leave this country and saunter down south for a friends' birthday.  A huge civil war table runner, that can double as a bed runner.
"When you imagine it, feel it...." -T.F. Hodge
 And as always, Spencer was terribly helpful, as I sorted through batiks and  solids for another project. Personable cat. He likes to help. Smokey used to like to help.
 I often wonder if he notices that Smokey is gone. His  shadow still remains.
 As the days grow longer, and the sunrises and sunsets grow brighter. 
 And the last quilt, just finished. Another wedding runner. I ripped the batik fabrics and paired them with more sari strips and twisted/braided netting....
 Supposed to be like the sun's rays ( in my imagination). Shows up well against the bright green grass, that has just a touch of snow left.....winter still on the west coast.
 And then at end of day, I see Spencer standing in his pot. Cat Plant  ready for spring. He's watching the silly doves swooping and bumping into the trees. 
Spencer 2018
 "Create. For the pure joy of creating something and sharing it...."
                                                  -Ernest Barbaric
Smokey 2017
Photographs 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment