Saturday, June 8, 2019

FOR the LOVE of BIB....

       "The smallest feline is a masterpiece...."-Leonardo DaVinci
 She's young. Maybe a year and a half. And she has decided to play in my garden. She isn't a stranger. Used to see her last fall.  Now she's back.Toddling after Spencer.....
 She lives near Spencer. He sits at one door. She sits at another. 
 They've taken to hanging out together during the day. Spencer and Bib.
 Two cats from the Hill. Plus Cordelia. 
 I called her Bib, cause I don't know her real name. But her white front looks like a bib. So Bib it is. For now. Till I find out who she is.
 She's fascinated by the deer. She stares at them. Spencer yawns at them. He's an old hand at watching deer.
 I don't think Bib has ever seen deer before.
 I sprayed the roses with Bobbexx ( non toxic, tastes awful to deer), so now they eat the cherry trees.
 Bib just stares. Cordelia stares. Spencer sleeps on the bench.
   "Cats are a mysterious kind of folk..." -Sir Walter Scott
 Bib finds  birds fascinating. She's hilarious. Awkwardly leaping and tossing herself at them.Falling off the birdbath. 
 Spencer lingers on warm pavement. While Bib teeters on the edge of the birdbath. Ever hopeful she will get closer to the birds.
 Usually she keels off into the flowers below.  Spencer, the pro,  saunters over to his cup to have a drink. 
 "Amateur......" he probably thinks as he slurps away.
 Bib.  Cordelia. Spencer. All from the hill. 
 I saw Spencer and Bib touch noses one day. Then lay down and roll. I wonder if Spencer remembers Smokey. And how they used to play and chase butterflies and flop. I see a lot of flopping in their future........
"Cats tell me all that there is to know..." -― Charles Bukowski, On Cats
 Photographs 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment