Tuesday, June 4, 2019

WALK in the GARDEN...............


"One Rose is enough for the dawn..."-Edmund Jabes
        Tons of new things blooming: Anis Perfumella ("Monica Bellucci")
                                    Peace Roses."Rosa Madame Meilland" Hybrid tea.
I don't know their name. But  my favourite ones, I think. Pale things like antique paper.......like from some  forgotten Victorian notebook.....
 And then there's Cordelia.Never forgotten.  She's resembles Cottonwood fluff....
             GRAPES! BABY GRAPES. "I heard it thru the grapevine!" 
                                                -Marvin Gaye
                      BEES. COSMOS. BEES.And more Cosmos.
 "It is the time you wasted for your rose, that makes your rose so important."-― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
 FOXGLOVES.20 different species.They thrive in partial light, and acidic soils. And the bees love them.
 Bacarra rose. Smells like chocolate. I thought it was dead and gone. But it is blooming like crazy. I did nothing . Just looked at it and said " Please grow".....
 Campanula Takesimana: "Japanese bellflower". I thought it was gone as well. Brought the original from White Rock 12 years ago. But it's popped up in different pockets. I never did anything. Just asked it to "Grow. Please. I miss you."
                                   "Seek Peace, and Pursue it...."-Proverbs 34:14
  Cordelia has found the grapevine once more. .......
                     Early Anis Perfumella before it opened up............
 SWEET PEAS......on the way. Nestled with Cosmos that the bees love. SWEET PEAS....not summer without them.
 PASQUE Flower. Gone to seed. To make more little pasques. Also known as "Wind Flower". So named Pasque  from the Hebrew word for Passover, "pasakh", the common name pasque flower, refers to the Easter flowering time. 
  “The sun shall always rise upon a new day and there shall always be a rose garden within me. Yes, there is a part of me that is broken, but my broken soil gives way to my wild roses.” 
                                                      ― C. JoyBell C.
 New Clematis. Thought it was dead. thought it had been squashed by the brambles way up on the hill. But it lives. "Please grow. I said." And for some reason. it has......
Beauty surrounds us, but usually we need to be walking in a garden to know it. " -Rumi

 And of course. Last but not least. There is Spencer-from-the-hill. Ever faithful. Ever true.
Photographs 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment