Tuesday, June 2, 2020

DO FAIRIES LIVE HERE....

 EXCERPTS from "FAIRYLAND" (1913) by Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)
 The walls are of white silver and the roof of shining gold.
 The queen lives in a palace with seven courtyards
 Let me tell you, in a whisper, where my king's palace is.
 At the corner where the tuli plant stands......
 The princess lies sleeping  on the far away shore
 There is none in the world who can find her by myself.
 Bracelets on her arms and pearl drops in her ears
 She will wake when I touch her with my magic wand.
 Jewels will fall from her lips when she smiles
 She is there in the corner
 I sit in the corner where the shadows of the walls meet
 Only the cat is allowed to come with me
 For she knows where the barber in the story lives
 Let me whisper , mother, in your ear where the barber  lives
 It is at the corner of the terrace where the pot of the tulsi plant stands.
 * The story teller is telling an imaginative fairy story about a fairyland that dwells on the terrace by his house. He is telling the story to his mother about how the fairies live in the pots of flowers on the terrace.
 Photographs 2020

1 comment:

  1. My MIL ( a brilliant, logical surgical nurse and mother of 8) said she saw fairies in Ireland in the forest.

    ReplyDelete