Monday, June 29, 2020

PETRA's ASHES

No voices here, I stand on hallowed ground
Sinking in sands hide the ashes lost.
A thousand years have seen of Your God
to mourn His peace.
And no one is here to see You now.
And dust to dust
Golden Kings, shatter Rose into stone
Ancient ones are losts and gone
Oh the stars they knew will live again.
Dark the skies they weep lament for you
In Ash, forever sleep.
No faces here, no footsteps echo far
Light of the sand in the burning gold.
I feel You here, your eyes in the night
You se my heart.
And fading the sun is lost to us.
And Roses bloom, faces fade, time moves on, shatters glass
Ancient ones are lost and gone.
Oh the stars they knew will live again
Dark the skies they weep lament for you. In ash forever sleep.
Photographs 2020
Petra's Ashes: The speaker of the poem is at the ancient city of Petra  and senses the loneliness of the ancient world, and the  feeling that God still   is there and can hear.

2 comments:

  1. Wow amazing words and photos and Petra my dear late husband always wanted to visit there and I have a lovely little jug from there in my special china collection cupboard. Thanks for this. xxxx

    ReplyDelete