Monday, January 18, 2021

FROM the WINDOW in WINTER

"A cold wind was blowing from the north, and it made the trees rustle like living things..."

                                             - George R.R. Martin (Game of Thrones)

From the window in winter I saw the Cooper's Hawks. Hunting .
The sun set with the moon as its scabbard
From the window I saw the farthest part of the range, low and beyond low on the horizon.
Night set in and  the sun  swallowed the  clouds
And I saw the Hawk gobble it's prey.
"I recognized winter. I saw it coming. And I looked it in the eye.." -Katherine May
The mountains huge and looming in the distance.
And the hawk. Stuffing itself with feathered  things.
All day. Every day till the sun set.
And the Hawks kept coming in the dank soggy air. 
Beyond the mountains.
From the window the Hawks perch on the cherry tree. Waiting for their moment.
In the chill. In  late afternoon. 
Beyond the window. Beyond the range.
Light fades to mist and cloud.
From the window in winter, they will rise up.
"There is something strange in the silence of a winter view. Something seems to happen.But nothing happens as if reality is frozen...." 

                                             -Mehmet Murat Idan

Photographs 2021. Mt Washington range, Campbell River, B.C. Canada

                                                    Spencer in the window

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed every photo you captured and the good words to go with this, all so good I am going to keep, so so special and I thank you, well I always keep your good things but this especially and I do love winter. Lots of love Trish xxx

    ReplyDelete