Wednesday, March 3, 2021

STAND ON THE DUNES and CALL my NAME

"I was happy anywhere I could see the ocean..." 

                                                               -Ai Yazawa

FROM  FLAME and SHADOW 

                                  by Sara Teasdale (1884-1933)

Sun swept beaches with a light wind blowing, From the immense blue circle of the sea.
Two thousand years, much has gone by forever
But here on the beaches that time passes over The heart aches now as then.
Deep voice of the ocean that talks to the ground.
So would I softly, day long, night long, into song
Oh day of Fire and Sun
Lifting into the sky, diving into the sea;
I thought of you and how you love this beauty,
Walking up the long beach all alone
I heard the waves breaking in measured thunder
The cold and sparkling silver of the sea
These tawny beaches will know much
As the unchanging sea.
If life was small, forgive me, I shall straighten like a flame.
Stand on the  sea-ward dunes and call my name.............
Photographs 2021

 

1 comment: