Tuesday, November 9, 2021

A REMNANT....

"I AM A REMNANT OF a CLOUD..." By  Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) From Gitanjali a collection.... written in 1910
I am like a remnant of a cloud of autumn, uselessly roaming in the sky.
O my sun ever glorious!
Thy touch has not yet melted my vapour
Making me one with your light.
And thus I count months and years separated from you.
If this be your wish and this be your play
than take this fleeting emptiness of mine
Paint it with colours
Gilt it with gold
Float it on the wanton wind
And spread it in varied wonders
And again when it shall be your wish
to end this play at night
I shall melt and vanish away in the dark
or it may be in a smile......
of the white morning.
In a coolness of purity transparent.
Photographs  2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment