Friday, February 24, 2023

"I LOOKED and SAW the FLYING EARTH..."

"Stars over snow and in the west a planet swinging below a star, look for a lovely thing and you will find it. It is not gar. It never will be far...." -Sara Teasdale
"I STOOD upon a STAR"  (Sara Teasdale)

I stretched my mind until I stood out in space, upon a star.....

I looked, and saw the flying earth
Where seven planets are.
Delicately interweaving like fireflies.
The planetoids among the planets
Played for their own delight.
I watched earth putting off her winter and slipping into green
I saw the dark side of the moon
No man has ever seen.
Like shining wheels in an opened watch
They all revolved ..................
with soundless motion
Earth sparkled like a rain-wet flower
Bearing her petals, 
Plain and ocean
Photographs 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment