Wednesday, February 8, 2023

TELLER of TALES


One of my favs. Final version for book 1. 
“The past beats inside me like a second heart.”
― John Banville, The Sea



                                 It’s been a long time.

The spell  of the ocean still lingers  in my mind. 


You Teller of Tales.  You magician of stories.

Seagulls capturing squid,  eating shells from the back of a whale.

Mermaids singing songs by the rocks. Pirates sharpening their swords.

You  taught me to see beyond.

You Teller of Tales.

We’d stand by power poles  and listen to the hum.

The battle cry  of Giants, you said.

 Giants getting ready to defeat pirates.

When I walk this fallen place, it whispers your name.

But the shore is empty now.

The Giants still hum  on stormy days. 

No fear, you said. Have no fear. 

We vanquished those giants. Long ago. 

You Teller of Tales.

The sea does not give up that easily.

 And I  feel you are  here

In this place.

You King of Giants. Still telling your tales.

All I have to do is breathe your name………

Photographs 2023 and Vintage


 



No comments:

Post a Comment