Saturday, December 16, 2023

FIND JOY!

" Find Joy. It's waiting for you. In everything..." -R. Raphe
                                               "Joy is the simplest form of gratitude..." -Karl Barth
"Joy is but the sign..." -Charles Du Bos
"Joy is prayer, joy is strength, joy is love, joy is a net of love by which we catch souls." Mother Teresa
          "When we lift our hands....fragrance of our praise...." -Dennis Ignatius
Joy is a 100 year old storybook  that has survived two world wars,  a fire in a farmhouse and  a flood,13 moves,  and still  is here. It  bears the marks of my mothers' hands, the stains of peanut butter and jelly from years and years of reading in the late of night.  I found the second book, the same one, same era, by chance. My mother would be thrilled to see her old friend again. It's not Christmas without it.....
                        "Joy blooms..." -J. L. Huie
                                             "Let your joy be in your journey..." - Tim Cook
                        "Create. For the pure joy of creating and sharing it.." -Ernest Barbaric
"I cannot imagine where I would be today were it not for those friends who  have given me a heart full of joy..." -Charles R. Swindoll
                                   "Scatter Joy..." Emerson
"Joy is not in things....it is in us.." - Richard Wagner

Then there's the Angel. My mother's angel with the painted features,  cloth hair and flat felt feet. This  ancient angel,  has been  on the  tree every year,   since about 1943. She has a new dress; her old one was stained with rust and rips.  For most of the year, she's kept in a cabinet . Then each Christmas she's on the very top of the tree, where she  heralds in the season, and sometimes  I think I hear  her playing her horn at Christmas midnight, when the bells peal.
"I have drunken deep of joy  and will taste no other..." - Shelley
                                "I slept and dreamt that life was JOY..." - Tagore
"Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God.." -Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

"You show me Joy. You are steadfast. And I marvel ...." - R. Raphe
ADVENT 3...the Advent of Joy.....
 
Photographs 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment