Friday, September 16, 2016

A Moment: Photographs From the Water's Edge

 "Before me peaceful. Behind me peaceful. Under me peaceful. Over me peaceful. Around me peaceful." -Navajo Prayer
Photographs From the Water's Edge (2016) 
                     "Peace I leave with you...." -John 14:27

 "There is a silence into which the world cannot intrude. There is an ancient peace you carry in your heart and have not lost."
                                          -From "A Course in Miracles"

 "Only in quietness can the infinity of wonder find you."
                                               -Pam Brown ( 1928)
                     "Be the Light....." -Matthew 5:14

 "Every moment there is news coming out of silence." 
                               -Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926)

 "We collect data, things, people, ideas, profound experiences, never penetrating any of them....but there are times when we stop. We sit still. We lose ourselves in a pile of leaves or its memory. We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper."
                                               -James Carroll (1943-)


 "Rejoice in your senses. Rejoice in life." -Pam Brown ( 1928-)

 "I leave this notice on my door: 'I am gone into the fields to take what this sweet hour yields, reflection, you may come tomorrow, expectation, too. Be off! Today is for itself enough.'. "
                                            -Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792-1822)


 "I loafe and invite my soul." -Walt Whitman (1819-1892)
 "Grant yourself a moment of peace. Learn to be silent ..."
                                                       -Tschen Tschi Ju

 Photography: Michelle McConachie Woods
Photographs from Tyee Spit, Discovery Passage, and Mt. Washington Range, Campbell River, B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment