Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sunrise, Dreams and Cheese Bread

 "I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind."
                                                 -Emily Bronte (1818-1848)

 Sunrise means Apricot Walnut Cheese Bread. Set oven to 350
 In one Bowl combine: 2 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp baking soda,  1 tsp cinnamon, pinch salt, 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
 "Never fail yourself never commit to limits. Follow the particulars of your spirit as they pull you."  -Veronica D. Cunningham.
 In another bowl combine: 1 cup milk , 2 large eggs, 1/3 cup melted butter
 "When you cease to dream you cease to live."
                                 -Malcolm S. Forbes (1919-1990)
 In three other bowls Combine: 2 cups shredded cheese, 1 cup chopped dried apricots and 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts, if you wish.

 "Hope is the dream of the waking person." -Pliny the Elder (23-79 )
 Combine dry with wet ingredients.

 Mix in the cheese, apricots and nuts. Put into two parchment lined  loaf tins.
 "Don't be afraid of the space between your dream and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." -Belva Davis (1932-)
In FINAL BOWL Combine: 3 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp butter and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix with fingers or fork. 
 Plop onto tops of the batter.
 BAKE fro 35-20 minutes till done. Be sure to test, and add time if you need to.
 Wonderful to give one loaf away to a neighbour and keep one for yourselves.
 And remember to Dream...........
 "Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach the, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them...." -Louisa May Alcott


No comments:

Post a Comment