Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tough Act to follow....

 "Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June." -Al Bernstein (1950-)
           
 NOT ONLY In SUMMER......(First line)  by Adelaide Love
 Let me sing when Beauty storms my senses and my soul,
 When mine is the mysterious and dark
 Delight of one who feels the quivering
 Tumultuous heart  surrender utterly,
 Idolatrous of that bright deity.
 Let me not ever lose the moment when
 I stand, transfigured, on the shining verge
 Of dreams beyond all telling and I glimpse

 The realm where earth and heaven subtly merge.
 O God, when in my winter I shall walk

 The quiet and the twilight ways along,
 Let me feel still a breath upon my brow

 And find in snow the silver seeds of song.........

 By ADELAIDE LOVE ( not sure on the dates of  this poet. Can't find much info on her, except this poem would have been written around 1933 
( possibly) 
 "A Prayer" by Adelaide Love from 1000 Beautiful Things, 1948 ( my fav old poetry collection of all time. Found it in a church garage sale when I was a teenager)
Photographs 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment