Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Roses and Bees

 "It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose important..." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery, (The Little Prince)
 Lazy days of early summer.......
 The baby robins take daily baths.
 It rains here and there. 
 and the light never ends.....and the bees hum  in clouds....
 THE ROSE AND THE BEE by Sara Teasdale (1884-1933)
 If I were a bee and you were a rose....
 Would you let me in when the grey wind blows?
 Would you hold your petals wide apart....
 Would you let me in to find your heart....
 If I were a rose?
 If I were a rose and you were a bee....
 You should never go when you came to me.....
 I should hold my love on my heart.......
.....at last......
 I should close my leaves and keep you fast.....
 If you were a bee......
 "There was something blousy about roses in full bloom,like women with untidy hair...." -Daphne du Maurier, (Rebecca)
 Photographs 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment