Saturday, January 19, 2019

EAGLES

 “Those eagles, like angels, don't distinguish between work and play. To them, it is all one and the same.” 
― Rebecca Wells
 Eagles sitting above their nest.
 Far away from the parking lot where I was standing.
 With their nest  below them.They use the same next year after year.An eagle chick grows more quickly than any other bird in North America.
 Secure . I think. Even though we had been having wicked winds.
 “To soar with eagles all you need to do is believe that you can fly.”    ― Anthony T.Hincks
 I waited for them to soar. The female is larger than the male. I was tryied to figure out which was which. She will be about ten to 15 pounds more. Her wings span about 8 ft. 
 I waited a long time. Long long time. I think the female is on the left. She looks bigger. 
 They called and called . Talked. Conversed.
 They mate for life.
 Sitting up where they  can detect prey up to 2 miles away, they can see up to five colours, where humans can only see three. 
 “The Eagles are coming! The Eagles are coming!” 
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
 The pair will look after 1-3 eggs.  Usually by Feb here .
 Hatching in 30 days.
 I would love to see that.
 And maybe now that I know where they live, I might just see that...
 “If I had wings I would fly, I'd soar on high where only eagles dare"― Michelle Horst, Wake Me Up
 Photographs 2019

1 comment: