Wednesday, February 20, 2019

THE MOUNTAIN in WINTER

            “Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
                  For I would ride with you upon the wind,
               Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
           And dance upon the mountains like a flame.” 

                    ― William Butler Yeats, The Land of Heart's Desire
 Mt. Washington range in the distance.................
“How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!”
― John Muir, The Mountains of California

 “I have found a dream of beauty at which one might look all one's life and sigh.” 
― Isabella Bird, Adventures in the Rocky Mountains

 “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.” 
― Victoria Kahler, Capturing the Sunset

 “I ascended the mountains to hear the voice of God, and was answered in echoes from afar.” 
― Meeta Ahluwalia

 “To touch the sky, you just have to get that little bit closer.” 
― Anthony T. Hincks

 “The stillness on the mountain top is only disrupted by the sound of my heartbeat within my ears.” 
― Anthony T. Hincks

 “No single mountain ever came to me...
                                          so I always go to them” 
                                                                           ― Erik Tanghe

 “The mountains that enfold the vale  ,with walls of granite, steep and high,
Invite the fearless foot to scale  their stairway toward the sky."― Henry Van Dyke
Photographs 2019. Mt. Washington Range, Campbell River, B.C., Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment