Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Winter. First days of February.

 WINTER NIGHT SONG (Excerpts) by Sara Teasdale 
           (poem written in 1926)
Will you come as of old with singing?
And shall I hear as of old?
 I rush to open the window....
 I shall sit by the fire reading.
though you sing half the night in the snow.
 Your voice remembers the forest.
 Green light and the birds,
though you gather the sea in your singing.
 And pour its sound into words.
 I shall not heed you at all.
 Though you strain your voice .....
 to a call......
 I shall drowse.......
 ....and the fire shall drowse.
 The draught will be cold on the floor.
 The clock ...
 running down...
 Snow
 Banking
 the door..........................
Photographs 2019  "Winter Night Song" (excerpts) by Sara Teasdale 1884-1933 from "Dark of the Moon" (Arcturus in Autumn)

No comments:

Post a Comment