Monday, April 27, 2020

CHASING LIGHT.......

 "WHERE SHADOW CHASES LIGHT" by Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)
(Western Tanager)
 From  his Nobel Prize winning book ( 1913) "Gintanjali" (Song of Offerings), with an introduction by by the great W.B. Yeats (1865-1939). This beautiful poem has been set to music by various groups and won awards at Choral competitions. Tagore and Yeats are a couple  of my favourite writers as well......
 This is my delight thus to wait and watch at the wayside
 Where shadow chases light
 And the rain comes in the wake of summer
 Messengers......
 with tidings from unknown skies
 greet me and speed along the road.
 My heart is glad within...........
 And the breath of the passing breeze is sweet.
 From dawn till dusk............
 I sit here before my door
 And I know that all of a sudden
 The happy moment
 Will arrive when I shall see.
 In the meantime..........
 I smile and I sing all alone.
 In the meantime, the air is filling with the perfume of promise.....
 Photographs 2020

1 comment:

  1. so beautiful, wonderful words and photos of anticipation. Well done again to you from me. xxx

    ReplyDelete