Wednesday, May 13, 2020

IN EARLY MORNING......

 "Peace is liberty in tranquility..." -  Cicero (106 B.C.-43 B.C.)
 Peace and Quiet, wherever it may be....
 In  early morning.
 When the Stripeeeee Kittieeees  have not  yet gone home to rest.
 As they quietly dig for seeds and worms and Watch.
 "It's s quiet now. I can almost hear other people's dreams..."
                                    -Gayle Forman
 In early morning.
 It is best for quiet. Young robins perch precariously.
"Morning light has flooded my eyes, this is Your message to my heart..."" -Rabindranath Tagore
 Something found.
 Then the rain comes.
 "Arise upon the bleeding hearts blossoming in flowers in the morning...." -Rabindranath Tagore
 And all is still still and fresh.
 Before the world moves.
                 "Quiet is here and all in me..." -Richard Matheson.
 Just as the light changes, I hear the world shift.
 As the sun rises.
                            "Infinite gentleness..." -Sara Teasdale
 And the Cat Plant switches places.  In the quiet.
                                         In  early morning....
Spencer
PHOTOGRAPHS 2020

1 comment:

  1. I love the cat from beginning to end, how peaceful he is and wow those racoons, never realized how many come into gardens, I just remember seeing them at the top of Prospect Point in West Van. Thanks again, great poetry.

    ReplyDelete