Wednesday, August 11, 2021

IF I WERE A BEE........

"Wings are of many kinds. Butterfly wings, bumble bee wings...we should not underestimate the size of these heavenly wings.." - Munia Khan
THE ROSE and the BEE by Sara Teasdale (1884-1933)
If I were a bee
 And you were a rose
Would you let me in
When the grey wind blows?
Would you hold your petals
Would you let me in
to find your heart
If I were a rose
And you were a bee
You should never go
When you came to me
I should hold my love
On my heart at last
I should close my leaves
And keep you fast.......if I were a bee........

"The happiness of the bee and the dolphin is to exist. For us it is to know that and wonder at it." 

                                           -Jacques Cousteau


 Photographs 2021

2 comments:

  1. wow wee thoughts of a bee, so very good and the lovely colourful photography. My father also wanted to keep bees but also knew how close dolphins were of understanding humans (really?) Thank you and much love from Trish xxx

    ReplyDelete