Sunday, September 17, 2023

SOFT and LOW...

 by R. Raphe
Are  you there? I am here. Waiting. I hear you in the soft and low of this midnight hour.
......when  morning dawns like it did at the beginning of time.
...when gold breaks out over the green, I see you in its shadow.
...when summer fades into autumn. A hint of snow in  soft light. 
 Am I  not alone?  Never alone. You speak to me in the low wind.
Even though heaven  sweeps frantic sunsets over my eyes.
I can see you there. Waiting in your corner of the world.
The mountain is  quiet. It only rumbles when His voice  speaks soft and low.
....in the shadow of a chill early autumn day. 
  I wait. And dream. And wonder when I shall hear you again.
Many mornings come and go  with the brush of His hand.
 I hear  you softly  call my name, as  fall  comes  rushing.
Fields are  tired and yellow . But I am not weary.
Leaves turn their soft shade of green before they wither in frost.
Can you see me walking into  the clouds....
...... flooded with  pearls of rain. 
 I walk not alone.
Are  you there? Can you see......
For  I can hear you in the soft and low of this midnight hour......
Photographs 2023
 

No comments:

Post a Comment