Sunday, September 24, 2023

THREE WONDERS....

THREE WONDERS by R. RAPHE

Lost in the midnight murky gloom. He whispers to me . Wonders yet to be.
In the morning  drafty skies rise, painted the  colour of melted crayons. 
Withered leaves whisper  in my hands.  Weary.  Lost in absence of light .
Creating  swan songs in heavy grey fog. I listen. Their words fall at my feet.
Swathed  in the constant drip of crying pines. 
Crimson leaves disintegrate like soda crackers. 
Fleeing  geese glide.  Long and lonely cries. They sing for Him.
 He walks in the garden and as He passes,  all the earth  follows.
Churning skies sweep over  lost mountains. They do not whisper. They  bellow.
  The grand finale. Then in time,  it all changes to gold.
Old leaves collect rain, making them new.  The first wonder.
Birds sleep  low in  the hush. The second wonder.

Clouds sweep away invisible pirate ships on the horizon. 

And the trees sigh at last. They whisper. Then they sleep.
 I did not hear their words, for the wind  washed away their voices.

 
The world awakens to the sound of soft footfalls passing. 

 I vanish into the moment  I have been given.  For I could hear all He said to me . It was the third wonder.
Lost in the sway of the sky . Lost  in its embrace. Lost no more.....

"Just the still melancholy I love, that makes life and nature harmonize..." -George Eliot

 Photographs 2023   R. Raphe

No comments:

Post a Comment