Friday, April 26, 2013

Antique quilt in progress....

This is a quilt I have been designing for a while. All 12 inch squares with soft colours with pops of some accent colours, bordered with a pale gold leaf fabric that I just love. Only had enough just to do the borders.....just.  I have yet to tea-dye the entire piece. That's the fun part. Make a sinkful of tea, strong tea, then soak the entire thing  in the bath. When it dries, the colours will meld with each other and it will have an antique sheen to the fabric.  This weekend I have to get proper quilt batting for it...wide enough that I won't have to piece it at all, and backing...cream I think, to match the colour them and thread.   Decided to keep this one. I often give lots of quilts away. Love doing that. But every so often I keep one....
   Even toying with the idea of taking my time and hand quilting it on my frame. I just might....ntohing fancy, but I want to keep it looking antique, and hand stitching would be perfect. Love quilting......

No comments:

Post a Comment