Friday, April 12, 2013

Moai in the garden

 Easter Island is really a Polynesian island in the southeastern Pacific Ocean, 2000 miles from Tahiti and Chili. The Island is famous for weird statues scattered all across the volcanic rock.  Some authorities on the  gigantic Moai, believe that aliens dropped them off there......don't think so......Rapa  Nui was the site of an ecological and cultural disaster.........the Moai have become  sentinels. I find it all so fascinating..........  and the heads have company:
       The Pasque Flower, one of the first spring flowers to  appear. One of my favourites, soft and elegant and droopy, especially in the rain.
                                                And the heads, the Moai, holding watch.
                           Pasque flowers running wild .....
 You're probably wondering where I got Easter Island heads: Home Hardware. They have everything. I picked one up a couple of years ago, but the HH in town never got anymore. Thanks to my friend, Donna, who sent me the link, I found out they could be ordered in. Reasonable as well.
                                White Bleeding heart bleeds besides the Moai
 The Moai don't say much. I'll probably never go to easter Island, but at least I can bring a bit of it here.
                      Lungwort.....likes this cold , soggy weather that we call  spring.....and the heads look pretty good sitting on their hill, watching the clouds roll by. I wonder if Home Hardware will get any pyramids?

No comments:

Post a Comment