Monday, April 29, 2013

In the Cool of the Garden......

 It hailed today. I couldn't believe it. Well, yes I can believe it....storm clouds have been brewing for two days, and I've had a migraine  to prove it. Today was better. Once the hail thundered down. The Pasque Flower survived the  icy onslaught. And then the sun popped out for a full 20 minutes. Lucky us.
 Lucky Spencer. He toddled up to the gate to lie in the sun while it was out.  But the wind picked up and he didn't stay long. Just me. Wandering about in the chill. Brrrrrrrrrr.
 
 The Columbine is starting to show. Romantic looking things, aren't they?
 And one transplant decided to bloom. Early. The Cranesbill. Usually not out till June. This one  decided it would bloom......one stalk only.  Brave. (Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr 0 degrees, 32 F.)
 And the Mauve Pasque Flower ( also known as Passion, or Windflower) . One of the early spring ones to show up in the cool. In the garden. When it is brrrrrrrrrr.
      I love the back as well....I love the droop....nodding heads in the wind.
Then there's the plum one. On the hill. Covered with melting hail. It 's still 0 degrees. And it still blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment