Tuesday, November 12, 2019

NICE DEER.....

                             "I've seen deer...." -Parker Posey
 Big deer. Very .  I was outside.  Talking to Spencer. Then Spencer disappeared. Poof.
 Face to face with the biggest buck. "Hello.....nice deer..." He huffed . Then he puffed. Googled his eyes. 
 Big horns. Big deer. Nice deer.  I backed away. 
 He snorted .  Held his ground. He wanted seeds. In the seed pan. His seeds. He must have thought he was a bird.
 Nice deer. I tried to open the back door. Locked.
 rattle. rattle.  Big Buck chomped away at his seeds. Nice deer.........
 And the sparrows. They shreiked.
 Spencer long since gone. Rain. Soggy. Boggy. Drizzle.
Clouds moved down. Sparrows squealed. Buck slobbered . Every so often he turned his googly eyes on me.

 "Hellllooooo. Can someone open the door....." rattle. rattle. "Big deer....Big. Big deer....NICE DEER ."

 Rain whooshed.  No one came to the door to let me in. Camera. Always a camera.  Lucky deer. Photo op.Click. Click. He posed. Tilted his  his antlers. Just right.

 "Nice deer" I said.  Shook his massive head. Passed by . Big horns. Slid me a last look. 
Drenched. I stood . Still. Nice deer.
 He snorted. He left. Down the stairs. Trot. Trot.
I'm still locked out. Shiver. 
 rattle. rattle. "Can someone let me in? Hellllooooo...."
  Such a Nice Deer...........
Photographs 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment