Tuesday, October 8, 2013

CATS in the ARBOUR

                    A farly simple day.  the arbour is decaying fast. Leaves turning yellow . A place for Spencer to hide. A place to sniff.
 The grape arbour is one of my favourite things. Provides shelter in the hot weather, produces grapes, keeps the wind at bay.
                              Smokey and Spencer use it as their play place. I think rats hide in the topmost branches. I think they hunt them. I think birds hide there as well.
  But today, on a beautiful crisp fall day, there are no rats. And no birds. The cats have taken over.
 "All the breath and the bloom of the year in the bag of one bee: all the wonder and wealth of the mine in the heart of one gem: " (Summum Bonum by Robert Browning)
Smokey sucks in sun , at the height of the morning...
 "Make me thy lyre , even as the forest is:what if my leaves are falling like its own! The tumult of thy mighty harmonies.If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?" (Ode to the West Wind by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

  Spencer's motto:"Behave toward everyone as if receiving a great guest."
"I love tranquil solitude and such society as is quiet, wise and good." (Percy Bysshe Shelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment