Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SIGNS of FALL.....BEAR.CATS. FOG.

 Another sign of fall. Bear. Well, it's a little bear. But it's a bear. Without its mommy. This was taken  by a school board employee, up at Pinecrest School, a few blocks from our house. Right beside where the Stephen works.  A young bear, waiting for  something neat to happen.  Meanwhile, the conservation officers have been called....
 Another sign of fall. Smokey running up and down on the old canoe we have. I think he likes the sound is paws make on the underbelly. He is almost the same colour as the little bear. He will run up and down for ages. Then toddle home to see his humans.
 Another sign of fall.....cobwebs. Everywhere. I was going to take down the hummingbird feeder, but this web tells me there is a humungous arachnid hiding somewhere in its depths.Somewhere. Lurking. I think I'll wait. Don't get me wrong, I love spiders. Just don't want to bring them inside.
 And then there's Little Bear. Again. Toddling around school grounds. He was perfectly healthy. But his mommy never showed up. Everyone is still waiting to see what the conservation people will do.Hopefully it will be humane.
 Another sign of fall. Fog bank looming over the neighbourhood, while the sun goes down. Colours of the leaves are wonderful this year. It makes me think of psychological thrillers....I think I will watch "The Shining" and "Sixth Sense"............stuff to make you mentally twitch.
 And then there's Spencer and Cordelia. Spencer LOVES to torment Cordelia by just staring at her. She gets  her fluffy fur all unraveled and growls. Then runs home to her house behind us.  Spencer bounds after her, apparently in great glee. He must think it is some sort of game. So NOT fierce. Not like the bear. The very little bear. He was tranquilized and taken to a safe place. His mommy never showed up and he couldn't be left up a tree. I don't think any of us would like to be left up a tree......not unless we had Spencer to protect us, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment